Clubs | Business | Community | History | Gallery | Accommodation | Information | Map | Site Index | Contact Us
Kegworth Village
Saturday 19th of August 2017
Did you know it is free to list your Kegworth based business or organisation on this site?

Fully Licensed Houses

Anchor Inn - Station Road
Flying Horse - High Street
Horse & Groom - Market Place
Navigation - Loughborough Road
Oddfellows Arms - Packington Hill
Old Three Cranes - Market Place
Red Lion - High Street
Station Hotel - Station Lane

The Beer Houses

Britannia - London Road
Cap & Stocking - Borough Street
Cross Keys - Sideley
Crown - High Street
Fox & Hounds - Packington Hill
New Inn - Derby Road
Three Tuns - London Road

Late Comers

There have been three other licensed premises opened over the years since 1920.

Ex-Servicemen's Club - High Street
Temperance Hall - Derby Road
The Fosters - High Street
The Lantern Inn - Market Place

Pubs....Gone, Moved, Changed Names

The Anchor Inn Station Road. Demolished, Rebuilt, Renamed The Old Wool Pack
The Black Swan Renamed The Flying Horse Hotel. (1796)
The Concord 16 High Street. Renamed The Chestnuts. (A private house)
The Concorde 16 High Street. Renamed The Fosters
The Cross Keys Sideley (Just along from Long Lane) Demolished
The Crown High Street, now Stockton House (Moved to Market Place)
The Crown Market Place. Renamed Horse and Groom
The Dog and Gun(A Coaching Inn) London Road. Demolished (To the left of the car sales, a stone block in the wall dated 1703 marks the spot!)
The Flying Horse Hotel Renamed Ye Olde Flying Horse (c1896)
The Fosters Arms 16 High Street. Demolished. It also had it's own ghost, a white lady! (see Kegworth Ghosts)
The Fox and Hounds Packington Hill - Ashby Road Corner. Converted to dwelling.
The Horse and Groom Market Place. Converted to Retail Premises
The Horse and Groom (2) 24 High Street. Renamed The Red Lion Inn
The King William IV Market Place. Renamed The Crown
The Navigation Loughborough Road. Demolished, Rebuilt, Renamed The White House.
The New Inn Derby Road (Now a Chinese Take away)
The Old Wool Pack Station Road. Renamed, Date unknown.
The Old Three Cranes London Road. Demolished. Now Parish Council Office
The Plough 30 London Road. Renamed The Three Tuns (2)
The Red Lion Inn 24 High Street. Renamed Red Lion (c1870)
The Three Tuns Renamed The Crown, High Street, (now Stockton House)
The Three Tuns(2) 30 London Road Converted to dwelling
The White house Loughborough Road. Renamed The Otter
Ye Olde Flying Horse Moved to present site from High Street (c1930)


Errors? Omissions? Comments? Please let us know Email    Kegworth Village Group on Facebook   Copyright © kegworthvillage.com 
Site Design by Firekarma Design